Pages

WPPD 2011

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

SEEING WITH VISIONARY EYES

                          SEEING WITH VISIONARY EYES
                     by Grandma Edna Gordon - Seneca Elder
                               

Take my hand, this weathered branch,
and walk with me along Life's Pathway
 in this, my land, my sacred land.
I'll not lead… nor you.
Creator shows the Way.
Side-by-side we'll walk, just we two.
Yes, you and me. You'll see. You'll see.
With visionary eyes you'll see.
So don't be shy, dear friend.
Take my hand and let us make our visit.
Even now the spirits come, Creator-sent.
As we, too, are Creator-sent,
if we but knew.
Look there! A Hawk!
She flies before our eyes,
 a red-tailed miracle.
She flies within us, too, you know.
Use your inner eyes
to see how she flies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment